Plague of Locusts , Plague of Drones
A large swarm of locusts invaded Israel on Saturday from the Sinai Peninsula. The swarm is heading from Shivta to Ashalim in the Ramat Negev Regional Council in southern Israel. (ynet news)
The fifth angel sounded his shofar; and I saw a star that had fallen out of heaven onto the earth, and he was given the key to the shaft leading down to the Abyss. 2 He opened the shaft of the Abyss, and there went up smoke from the shaft like the smoke of a huge furnace; the sun was darkened, and the sky too, by the smoke from the shaft. 3 Then out of the smoke onto the earth came locusts, and they were given power like the power scorpions have on earth. 4 They were instructed not to harm the grass on the earth, any green plant or any tree, but only the people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 The locusts were not allowed to kill them, only to inflict pain on them for five months; and the pain they caused was like the pain of a scorpion sting. 6 In those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them. 7 Now these locusts looked like horses outfitted for battle. On their heads were what looked like crowns of gold, and their faces were like human faces. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like those of lions. 9 Their chests were like iron breastplates, and the sound their wings made was like the roar of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails like those of scorpions, with stings; and in their tails was their power to hurt people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is “Abaddon” and in our language, “Destroyer.” (Revelation 9 : 1- 11)
Notice that the Scripture verse above is numbered 911 or 9 -11……
Below is an excerpt from an excellent study on this passage from Revelation :
Study By: Keith KrellFrom the Series: Live Like You’re Leaving: Revelation
…1. “The appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle.” These creatures had mobility. These were invading creatures. They came like calvary.
2. “On their heads appeared to be crowns like gold.” Their crowns probably symbolize their victory over the objects of their oppression.
3. “Their faces were like the faces of men.” This may imply intelligence.
4. “They had hair like the hair of women.” This may infer long, loose hair, giving the impression of ferocious beings. The opposite interpretation might be true as well; that they are of such striking beauty and charisma that few can reject their false teaching. Many people will buy into their propaganda because of the authority and power of these false teachers.
5. “Their teeth were like the teeth of lions.” This is a symbol of something frightening. Those who surrender to false teaching will find it vile and hurtful to their belief. False teachers will show no mercy on their followers.
6. “They had breastplates like breastplates of iron and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots, of many horses rushing to battle.” These demons were not vulnerable to attack and the sound of their false teaching was intimidating.
7. “They have tails like scorpions, and stings; and in their tails is their power to hurt men for five months.” These demons are able to wreak havoc for five months through stinging tails.
8. “They have as king over them, the angel of the abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon,19 and in the Greek he has the name Apollyon.”20 Proverbs 30:27 tells us that “locusts have no king.” Again, this further proves that these are not literally locusts. They are demons that are in submission to a king—“the angel of the abyss” who is called “Abaddon” and “Apollyon” both meaning “destruction.” This angel is not Satan, as many believe. Nowhere in Scripture is Satan referred to by either of these names. More importantly, this angel is confined to the Abyss (until he is released by the star angel) while Satan and his angels are roaming free in the heavenlies…..