What is this blog about? That is a good question.
Seriously, it is a challenge to encapsulate in a paragraph or two what the blog is about.
In order not to be wordy and tiresome, in a few words, this is an idea of what the blog is and isn’t about.
- it is about the teachings of Christ.
- it is about the beauty of His word.
- it is about applying the gospel to our lives in realtime.
- it is about being a spiritual warrior for God.
- it is about recognizing the spiritual warfare that is happening around us.
- it is about being able to discern wisely and to recognize the traps.
- it is not about hate.
- it is not about judgement of others.
- it is not about proselytizing into any group, church or religion
- it is not about buying books, dvds or anything of that nature.
There are too many blogs and sites about Christ and Christian thought that reflect too much upon the blogger. This isn’t about me. After all, the most important message to get out of the gospel is that life here isn’t about us as individuals after all. But just to satisfy your curiosity, and to be polite, I will introduce myself!
My name is Susanna. Brought up in the Christian faith, in the Orthodox church, surrounded by ardent believers, lukewarm traditionalists and a few doubters. Exposed to different perspectives, I made my way in life determined to seek out the “truth”. I explored many religions and belief systems. Seeking and searching, I was trying to find the “right fit”. The truth is that for the longest time, I wasn’t finding it. I also explored new age beliefs, stuck around there for a while, and that is where I experienced my turning point. That is when I realized that Christ is truly the Light.
The truth is that my exposure to new age thought served a purpose. It made me see more clearly how many traps and dangers are lurking in society.
There are many dark forces out there. There is also one Divine Light. The forces of the dark use deceit and illusion to ensnare us onto their path. God has given us His light and the safety, protection and assurance of His Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from evil and to give us eternal life. We are given free will. We have to choose our path.